If you have any concerns about privacy while visiting exquisite-wallets.com, please get in touch with us via the Contact Form on the Contact Us Page and we will do our best to resolve them.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order
- Products you’ve added to the wishlist: we’ll use this to show you and other users your favourite products, and to create targeted email campaigns.
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store should you choose to create one
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
- If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
We accept payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information. Only PayPal will have access to your credit card/bank account information required to finalise your payment, you do not need to add this information anywhere in your Exquisite Wallets Account details or on our own secure Checkout page.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data ( EXIF GPS ) included or personal information you do not wish to make public. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website or the images themselves.
There are two types of contact forms on our website:
- The contact form on our Contact Us Page – used to message our support team for any issues or questions you may have related to your use of our website and services. We require your name and email address when using this form. We WILL NOT use this information for marketing purposes such as sending you promotional emails.
- The newsletter sign up form if you click the Sign Up for Our Newsletter button in our website Top Bar or Footer – used to optionally sign up to our newsletter so we can send you promotional emails. We only require your email address on this form.
You will be required to tick a box and consent to us using the information you have entered in these contact forms before you are able to submit your message / sign up request. The information you provide using these contact forms will only be stored and used in connection with the corresponding services requested by you and only until you no longer wish to use them.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content ( e.g. videos, images, articles, etc. ). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Our site uses Google Analytics, an internet analytics service provided by Google, Inc. Google Analytics uses “cookies” – text files that are stored on your computer and used to analyse how users engage with the content of a website. For example, Google’s cookies allow us to tell which pages our users are viewing and which ones are most popular, what time of day they are visited, if users have previously visited our website etc. The data generated by the cookie about your use of our website will be transmitted to Google and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
We use an anonymization tool for IP addresses so that the IP addresses are truncated within the territory of the Member States of the European Union and the other members of the agreement in the European Economic Area. The non-truncated IP address are only transmitted to Google’s servers in the US and then truncated there.
Google uses the data on behalf of a website operator to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity for the website operators and for other website activity and internet usage services. Google may disclose this information to third parties under the terms of the law or for further processing by third parties on behalf of Google.
- Google Analytics Help Center: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage
The IP address that your browser will pass on to Google Analytics will not be associated with any other data stored by Google. Through your browser settings, you can block cookies; however, this may lead to problems with the use of some functionalities of our website. Through the add-on “Google Analytics Opt-out” you can opt-out of Google Analytics on your current browser from then on: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
More information can be found here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245
Who we share your data with
In order to provide the services we offer, we have partnered with several external companies ( referred to as “third parties” ) that also receive some of your collected personal details:
- Google Analytics ( web analytics tool ) tracks your on-site behavior ( the date of your visit to the website, the length of each session, the pages you have visited, the number of times you access the website within any month, and similar details ) in order to help us understand the needs and actions of our website visitors, and improve our performance accordingly.
- PayPal ( online payments processing services ) – uses your credit card/payment details in order to process the payment for your order and transfer the required funds to Exquisite Wallets.
- Our order fulfillment partners ( manufacturers/distributors and shipping carriers ) – receive your shipping address information in order to deliver your purchased products to you.
How long we retain your data
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store successful order information for at least 5 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses. The order data for orders that were not finalised ( abandoned at cart or checkout ; payment not completed and / or failed ; order cancelled etc. ) will be automatically deleted after 7 calendar days.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website ( if any ), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time ( except they cannot change their username ). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site,or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data